Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped
You are working on your android mobile phone and suddenly a message appears on your phone's screen, which says "Unfortunately, Launcher3 has stopped". On pressing OK, it deletes all the home screens on your mobile phone and the device is left with only single home screen.There is no other home screen to scroll to. All the App shortcuts and other home screens are gone. The Home button and the Menu button do not work. Apps cannot be accessed. Restarting the device doesn't work, as the same message continues to appear and the same thing continues to happen. What to do now ? How to access apps ? How to make the phone work ?
Well, solution to this, dear reader, is a very simple one.
- Press the Apps menu button on your Android mobile phone device. It will display icons of all the apps installed on your mobile phone device.
- Press Settings.
- Press Apps. (Pressing on Apps button will list down all the apps installed on your mobile phone.
- Browse the Apps list and press on the app called "Launcher 3". (Launcher 3 is an app and it will be listed in the App list whenever you access Settings > Apps in your android phone).
- Pressing on the "Launcher 3" app will open the "App info screen" which will show some details pertaining to that app. On this App info screen, you will find buttons like "Force Stop", "Uninstall", "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" etc.
- Press "Clear Cache".
- Restart the phone and its done. All the home screens alongwith app shortcuts will appear again and your mobile phone is at your service again.